Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2022 12:15:37 -0800
From:      "Pat Maddox" <pat@patmaddox.com>
To:        "Enrico Migliore" <enrico.migliore@fatti.com>, "User Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Are there any plans about designing and producing a FreeBSD smartphone with privacy in mind?

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022, at 9:44 AM, Enrico Migliore wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> Are there any plans about designing and producing a FreeBSD smartphone
> with privacy in mind?

I=E2=80=99m interested in this as well.

>From my research, the two most promising* platforms are PinePhone and Pu=
rism. I would lean towards PinePhone because it=E2=80=99s quite a bit ch=
eaper, and there are already 13.1-RELEASE builds for Pine - though I sus=
pect it=E2=80=99s for PineBook etc rather than PinePhone.

*I have no idea who is doing what, so when I say =E2=80=9Cpromising=E2=80=
=9D I mean if I were to take a stab at trying to run FreeBSD on a phone =
(which I would very much like to).

I suspect it=E2=80=99s a long road ahead. But I=E2=80=99m also sure ther=
e=E2=80=99s interest!

Pat