Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:29:19 -0800
From:      "John E. Martin" <jem@unixmercenary.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to turn on keyboard?

> I got a small server for my home lan, that doesn't have a
> keyboard plugged into it.  Now it's been up for some 20 days
> and now I plugged a keyboard into it, how can I turn the
> keyboard "on" ?

You'll need to recompile the kernel and reboot to support this, but locate
your kernel config file track down the following line:

device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1

Simply remove the 'flags 0x1' so the line appears like this:

device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1

Recompile, reboot, and you're good to go.

-j