Date:      20 Apr 2000 16:06:50 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xdm auth broken after 3.3 to 4.0 release upgrade...

"Eric J. Brown" <brownej@vt.edu> writes:

> Can anyone clue me into why authorization seems to be busted using xdm?
> This was after a 3.3 to 4.0 release upgrade.  XF86 was upgraded from 335 to
> 336.

I have recently had similar problem with authentication in IMAP after
upgrade from sources to 4.0. When I was doing research in Dejanews, it
appears that xdm was affected by exactly the same problem with
incompatibility of pam libraries.

It appears that the solution would be to recompile the program against
new libraries. It sure worked for me with IMAP, and according to
several posts I have read about xdm, recompiling xdm might help.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.