Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:49:08 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   New pam doesn't work with xdm 4.2

	I installed XFree86 version 4.2 in binary format from the xfree86.org
website. I just upgraded my -current installation to today's latest
bits, and now I can't log in with xdm. This is the output to the console
(minus date/host info for readability):

PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib/pam_unix.so)
PAM [dlerror: /usr/lib/pam_unix.so: Undefined symbol "setnetconfig"]
PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib/pam_unix.so
PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib/pam_opie.so)
PAM [dlerror: /usr/lib/libopie.so.2: Undefined symbol "__xuname"]
PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib/pam_opie.so
PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib/pam_opieaccess.so)
PAM [dlerror: /usr/lib/libopie.so.2: Undefined symbol "__xuname"]
PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib/pam_opieaccess.so

This is my home workstation, so I can just use startx for now, but this
should be fixed long term.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?