Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 02:40:44 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitioning a 23.4 Giga Byte

gary.corcoran wrote in message ID
<9605142337.AA04613@stargazer>:
> Will such a huge drive be fully usable (i.e. all 23G) within the "IBM-
> compatible" world of SCSI controllers?  Aren't PC-compatible SCSI
> controllers limited to 8G of disk space (on a single disk), due to
> the (stupid) limitations on maximum heads/cylinders/sectors imposed
> by PC history?...  :-(

Yes, I've seen a 9Gb drive ``fully used'' (df reported over 8Gb
available anyhow) on an Adaptec 1742 EISA controller... The BIOS
limits only apply when you are using a BIOS, after all...

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.