Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:57:56 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Standard Splash Screen?

Donald Wilde wrote:

> Agree with this totally. the only way I'd load a splash screen would be
> if the boot messages could be toggled on and off as an overlay scrolling
> across it.

Splash screens do not prevent boot messages from being printed. They
are still there, and can be seen as soon as the splash screen goes
away (at the login prompt, or by pressing any key after the rc
starts).

Not trying to convince anyone of using them, just trying to dispel
what seems to be a myth about them.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness if that _none_ of his
predictions have come true yet."