Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:43:13 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        Emre <emre@iris.vsrc.uab.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP

Emre wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I went to ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.0-19991218-CURRENT/README.TXT and read that document.
>
> Most hardware that I need to use is supported on that list, but I have a question:  is SMP enabled in the GENERIC kernel in FreeBSD 4.0-current?  we have a server that has dual 500Mhz P-III's and 2GB RAM...it's a waste to run Linux on it :\

You have to recompile the kernel to enable SMP : it's a matter of
erasing four "#"s in the GENERIC config file. You may have to read a few
pages of the handbook to see how to recompile your kernel (begin with
<http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html>)

	TfH

PS : could you break your lines at 72 chars ?