Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:56:47 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
Cc:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>, Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "ifconfig" == "ifconfig -a"

--7CZp05NP8/gJM8Cl

Mike Nowlin wrote:

> Just because Linux does something in a particular way doesn't mean
> that FBSD should.

I'm not suggesting we should!  I'm just suggesting adding a note to the
manual page telling people where to look if that's the functionality
they want. "route" may be the logical command for some people to print
out the entire routing table, and the manpage at the moment doesn't even
hint on how to do that as far as I can see.

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

--7CZp05NP8/gJM8Cl