Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:49:35 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
To:        Herve Boulouis <amon@sockar.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/UDP cksum offload on hme(4)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:42:58PM +0200, Herve Boulouis wrote:
 > Le 16/06/2004 ? 12:45, Pyun YongHyeon a ?crit:
 > > Hello All,
 > >
 > >  2. The patch was tested on Ultra2(2x300MHz, FAS366). I'd like to
 > >     hear ok/nok results from PCI based sparc64 users.
 > >     The dmesg of the Ultra2 is available at:
 > >     http:///www.kr.freebsd.org/~yognari/dmesg.u2.txt
 > >
 > >  3. I couldn't feel performance boost from the cksum offloads but
 > >     enabling it reduced system loads considerably.
 >
 > After some very basic testing (mainly ftp transfers), your patch
 > seems to work correctly on my netra t 1125 (2*300Mhz).
 >
 > My -current is from mid april.

Thanks for your report. Did you get some speed up by cksum offload?
Did you notice system loads changes under heavy traffic?
How about NFS over UDP transport layer?

I can't saturate the wire with/without my patch.(For TCP without
witness it was about 67Mbps. On OpenBSD I got about 93Mbps.)
I vaguely guess the reason was caused by hme's lack of
auto-negotiation.

 > --
 > Herve Boulouis

Regards,