Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:14:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hfa0 PCA200E

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:

CP>> I have both a driver for the HE and the PCA200E and they work just fine
CP>> with NATM or netgraph-ATM. Maybe both of them could be harpyfied...
CP>
CP>that would be nice if it was done indeed. Also as you may have read in
CP>the atm@freebsd.org mailing list , I posted about several problems I
CP>had with the PCA200E driver with HARP, do you know if your drivers
CP>would fix this ?

The question is, who will do the integration with HARP. I gave up twice on
HARP. If there is just the need for a couple of additional ioctl to
support HARP that should be easy, however. I've seen your postings and
assume, that the problems are driver related. Given that my drivers are
not based on HARP's I assume that would fix it.

CP>I also hope that all these changes you propose will be able to to be
CP>integrated into STABLE soon because running current on a production
CP>machine is not good IMHO :)

Well, porting my drivers to STABLE should be easy, porting netgraph-ATM
is out of question because of the large changes in the netgraph system. I
hope, however, that somewhere in the future CURRENT will become STABLE :-)

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
              brandt@fokus.fhg.de