Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 11:02:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New lmbench available (fwd)

> Either X.500 is a piece of shit or Novell failed to implement X.500 correctly.
> For sure at some point there was the concept of X.500 server's content
> replication. I shudder to have to look at another OSI document...

Why must this be an "either/or" choice"?  8-).

Novell implemented the name ordering backwards.  They also implemented
the parts of X.500 that weren't finalized at the time they started by
making the decisions themselves, sometimes incompatably.  Finally, they
wen with a push model instead of a pull model because they wanted to
get rid of the idea of a dentral server (as in YP) that had to be up
at the time.  The complication this last added was not worth it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.