Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:59:43 -0500
From:      Les LaCroix <Les.LaCroix@carleton.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Subject:   FOLLOWUP: (long) page fault in kernel mode: suggestions?

I pulled my Adaptec 1520 SCSI-2 ISA card, and have been running 2.2.7 now
for over a day w/o a crash.  Previously the kernel would panic within a few
hours, whether or not the aic driver was installed, whether or not there was
a device attached to the card.

I did get my hands on a set of 2.2.5 CDs.  My intentions are to retrograde
and install the original hardware to see if the problem was introduced in
2.2.6.  But I'm also under the gun to get this box up and running, so I just
can't promise anything. :(

Thanks to all who helped.
--------
Les LaCroix, Carleton College, Northfield MN