Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:06:53 +0200
From:      peppe@unipg.it (Giuseppe Vitillaro)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X fonts corruptions?

 I just finished to updated my system from 2.2BETA-A
 to 2.2.1-RELEASE and I'm noting a strange problem:
 periodically the X fonts get corrupted.

 Most of the time I note this on proportional fonts inside
 the netscape 3.01 (BSD version) or inside the Acrobat Reader
 (linux version) and most of the corruption make the baseline
 of the font to disappear. Sometime reloading the application
 solve the problem, other times I need to restart the
 X server. The problem seems to be more evident after
 I leave all the night the server locked from xlock.

 I'm using XF8632 (from the 2.2.1-RELEASE distribution)
 and the XF86_Mach64 server (with an ATI Graphics ProTurbo).

 Any clue about this problem? Thank, Peppe.