Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:42:20 +1000
From:      Michael Vince <mv@thebeastie.org>
To:        Ashok Shrestha <ashok.shrestha@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unable to SSH using Net::SSH::Perl

Ashok Shrestha wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>System Info:
>FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
>p5-Net-SSH-Perl-1.30
>perl-5.8.7
>

>I'm trying to use Net::SSH::Perl to connect to an SSH server.
>

>Here is the script:
>

>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
># test.pl
>
>    use Net::SSH::Perl;
>
>    my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new("10.0.0.243", 'debug' => '1');
>    $ssh->login("username", "password");
>
>Here is my error:
> ./test.pl
> Trying pubkey authentication with key file '/root/.ssh/id_rsa'
> Authentication methods that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive.
> Next method to try is publickey.
> Permission denied at ./test_SSH.pl line 8

It looks like its trying to revert to public key authentication but is
probably getting stuck because you don't have ssh-agent loaded to
provide a private key, you could use a passphraseless key or you could
load up a ssh-agent to provide the key.
I tried your code and the wrong password but it worked anyway simply
because I have ssh-agent loaded with my pass phrase.
A alternative answer is that your trying to login as root and your
remote ssh server is in its default configuration which is to deny root
logins.

Mike