Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:24:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.6-BETA: data point

just a report on 2.2.6-BETA:

FreeBSD hal 2.2.6-BETA FreeBSD 2.2.6-BETA #0: Thu Mar 12 14:11:10 EST 1998

This machine (Dell PowerEdge 2200/266, single processor w/ 128M) has
been happily chugging along as our NFS server for the past 2 weeks,
and has been working with a variety of UNIXen NFS clients (Solaris, SunOS,
AIX, IRIX, Linux).
The only gotchas (which I had already been told of by people on the
lists) were:
1. Use NFSv2 (-2 flag to mountd)
2. Start rpc.lockd otherwise certain apps (pine, for example on
   Solaris 2.4) don't like it.

It hasn't been updated since Mar 12, as it is working perfectly well,
there's no need to fix it.
Thanks to the FreeBSD team, and the release team for keeping -stable
stable.

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah {viren@rstcorp.com}
"The key of strategy, little Vor," she explained kindly, "is not to choose