Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 06:26:31 -0400
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Kaluza-K <kaluza-k@swbell.net>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Win 98 and BSD

On Thu, 04 May 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Kaluza-K wrote:

> I am in dire need of assistance. I repartitioned my sole disk drive. left 1 gig for win 98, booted that up. then installed freeBSD. worked like a charm. After that, installed extened and logicals for the windows. Everything going fine here too. Switched my fat 16 drives to fat 32 in windows. Now it seems that my bootmanager does not want to give me the option. in fact, there is nO boot manager. i can still boot bsd, and it runs fine. but i have to do it through fdisk and set it active. then, when i want to go back to win98, i have to pu tin a boot disk and get into fdisk again. its all messed up and it was working fine. Any suggestions?

When you used fdisk, it overwrote your boot manager. You need to
re-install it.

Boot into FreeBSD and run /stand/sysinstall. Select 'Custom',
'Partition' and your hard drive. At the partition screen, make no
changes, enter 'w' and confirm the choice. Select 'Install Boot
Manager' and commit the changes. You should be back in business.

Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??