Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 20:43:35 -0400
From:      "Cihat Ozhasoglu" <ozhas-c@acsu.buffalo.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printing on HP Laser 5MP

Hello,

I have been using gs to print on non-ps OKIDATA OL400 laser printer.  It worked
fine for until 2 weeks ago.  Now, when I try to print gs seems to substitute the
fonts ok but then it just freezes and may start printing 4 or 5 hours later.  I
can't even print ascii files.  Is this a known bug or am I doing something
wrong?  I have talked to one person on #freebsd (irc) who also mentioned having
similar problems!

At any rate, I am planning to purcahse an HP Laserjet 5MP (postscript) printer.
I am wondering if I may be facing the same problems with this postscript
printer.  Or, the bug, if any, is solely related to gs?  I am running FreeBSD
2.0.5R.  I would appreciate if you could point me in the right diraction before
I invest in a new ps-printer.

Thank you for your time.

Cihat Ozhasoglu
Dept. of Physics