Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 11:02:49 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Including images in the documentation

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 02:42:51AM -0700, jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> It would be even better to describe our figures in SGML :).  Do you know
> of any DTDs being used to describe figures and diagrams?

There is on in XML.  It's called SVG and is a W3C project.  Mozilla
implements it so someday we could even send them directly in HTML
versions.  There are editors including ones from big named like Adobe.
There are also plugins for windows browsers.  Someone might need to whip
up some conversion tools, but there are a number of nice looking ones
that almost do what we would want.

-- Brooks