Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 1996 09:25:11 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CCD Setup woes ... (Kernel Panic)

>I'm using the adaptec card until I get some decent buslogic PCI cards.
>(I've had LOTS of problems with Adaptec 2940 PCI cards!)

I'd be interested to know what kinds of problems you're having with
2940s.  You've never reported any bugs that I know of.

>  ccdconfig -c -v ccd0 32 none /dev/sd1f /dev/sd2f
>
>which resulted in a kernel panic. The message is:
>
>  vm_bounce_alloc: b_bufsize(0x80) < b_count(0x200) !!
>  panic: vm_bounce_alloc

A stack trace would be helpfull in tracking this down.  Put DDB in your
kernel (options DDB) and use the 'trace' command when the panic occurs.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations