Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:11:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        phk@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP deskjet 940 (color) and FreeBSD

Does anyone have success in getting one of these
(or similar) printing color from USB?

using Ghostscript 6.52 it does ok with graphics
and text in B/W

I can get gimp to produce colour
and in apsfilter I can select the gimp output drivers and get
rather 'crude' colour, but if I select the hp drivers in ghostscript
(even the pcl3 of hpdj) I just get Black and white testpages
from apsfilter. (I get a cruddy colour one if I select gimp drivers)

Rumour has it that the pcl3 or hpdj drivers in ghostscript are supposed
to be very good (writtenby HP?) but
what's the secret to making them do colour?

Julian