Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2020 14:48:50 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg install no longer works on my newly installed system

On a newly installed 12.1 stable system for some reason I am now getting this error
whenever I attempt to install any package via 'pkg install':

root@jar-jar:1 /.amd_mnt/vader/host/stor/home/bob> pkg install ctags
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        ctags: 5.8

Number of packages to be installed: 1

125 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[1/1] Fetching ctags-5.8.txz: 100%  125 KiB 128.3kB/s    00:01
pkg: cached package ctags-5.8: size mismatch, fetching from remote
Fetching ctags-5.8.txz: 100%  125 KiB 128.3kB/s    00:01
pkg: cached package ctags-5.8: size mismatch, cannot continue

Previously I was able to install some packages on this system. I did update the
system via downloading the src and building/installing world and a new kernel.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong with my system now and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | It's possible that the whole purpose of your life is to
bob@immure.com | serve as a warning to others.