Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 17:19:00 +0400 (MSD)
From:      osa@ozz.etrust.ru (Ozz!!!)
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't compile kernel in ELF...

> In article <199809181105.PAA07430@ozz.etrust.ru>,
> Ozz!!! <osa@ozz.etrust.ru> wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I want compile kernel in ELF format...
> > (by default, it normaly compile in a.out)
> > OK!
> > # cd /sys/i386/conf
> > # setenv $KERNFORMAT elf
> > # config THIRD
> > # cd ../../compile/THIRD
> > # make depend
> > # make
> > exception.o(.text+0x168a): undefined reference to `_swi_dispatcher'
>
> This almost always means that you need to add an entry for the symbol
> in "src/sys/i386/include/asnames.h".  Please let me know if that fixes
> the problem.  If it does, I'll commit it to our sources.
>
>    John Polstra                                       jdp@polstra.com

OK!
I add to /sys/i386/conf/include/asnames.h following string:
#define	_swi_dispather		swi_dispatcher
Then I successfully compiled kernel in ELF, then install & reboot.
# make install
# reboot
In boot-time:
Invalid format!
What about of
#include <elf.h>
in /sys/i386/boot/biosboot/boot.c
or maybe some-think add in /usr/share/misc/magic ???

Rgdz,
oZZ,
osa@etrust.ru
http://www.etrust.ru/osa/main.html