Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 01:38:00 +0900
From:      Motonori Shindo <mshindo@ascend.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Akia Tornado TX233

Hi, all,

Did anyone succeed to get Akia Tornado TX233 to work with FreeBSD? I
tried to install 2.2.2 through PCMCIA Ethernet card (I tried IBM's
Ethernet II and 3Com's EtherLink III (3C589C Rev.D)) but no luck so
far. I also tried 2.2.5 but the result was the same. What I'm
experiencing is a timeout when it starts to fetch the distribution by
ftp. I snooped the network and found that only ARP request and reply
are sent over the wire. Everything looks fine except the Akia box
doesn't start to send TCP SYN after the ARP exchange.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks!

Motonori Shindo
   Systems Engineer
   Ascend Communications Japan K.K.