Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2017 22:19:03 +0200
From:      Heikki Lindholm <holin@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installer zfs datasets

Hi,

In the 10.3 installer, doing auto zfs install creates a bunch of
datasets on rootfs, however, if I select to do my own partitioning (and
proceed to do that in the shell) and then select to have zfsroot on the
partition allocated for root, it only creates a single dataset for root.
Can I somehow mimic the auto mode of the installer and still do my own
partitioning?

I basically only want an additional EFI partition and control the sector
alignment of the other partitions. I can probably look at source code of
the installer and do what it does manually, but if there's a better way..

-- Heikki Lindholm