Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:51:26 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Ruslan" <russ10@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   AVerTV Hybrid+FM Card driver

Hello all,

I have the AVerTV card for my notebook which is running FreeBSD 6.1. Recently I've found the beta versions of the Linux drivers for it on AVer official website. See:

http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/support_driverbympdpro.asp?category=TV%20Cardbus&category2=Hybrid&proname=17&modelno=E506R#

The technical support told me that they don't plan to release any *BSD drivers.
Google told me that there is no possibility to install Linux drivers on FreeBSD.
Searching the FreeBSD maillists gave me only thing is that AverTV Hybrid+FM Cardbus uses Xceive XC3018 Silicon Tuner (http://www.xceive.com ) and that chip is not supported from the saa.ko

My question is:  Is it possible to porting those Linux drivers to FreeBSD?

p.s. Sorry for my English.

--
Thank you in advance,
Ruslan Kapra.