Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:19:11 -0400
From:      Steven Lake <steven.lake@voyager.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Trap 22??

Just asking a general curiosity question in regards to this just in case so=
mething's starting to go back with my box.  Noticed this across two differe=
nt days of logs and after some digging in google it seems that a kernel tra=
p is a bad thing.  Here's what I've been seeing.

> Warning: pid 25152 used static ldt allocation.=20
> See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info

That was in my first set of logs.  I've seen this like once in a blue moon,=
 usually because one of my programs cops and attitude or something, so I've=
 just generally ignored them.  Then I got this today:

> kernel trap 22 with interrupts disabled

Oddly, it appeared in the same number of repetitions as the previous error.=
  Is there any corelation or is this anything to worry about or can I just =
generally ignore this?  Is it caused by a program being naughty?  Any info =
would be welcome.  Thanks.  :)

PS: The bsd box this comes from is being used as a workstation, not a serve=
r, fyi if that makes any difference.

=2D-=20
Steven Lake=20

"Duct Tape takes over where skill leaves off"=20
=A0 =A0 =A0-Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales.=20
=A0
"I'm not afraid of flying...I'm afraid of being at 35,000 feet and suddenly=
 *not* flying."
=2DKoren