Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:55:29 -0700
From:      "Brent Wiese" <brently@bjwcs.com>
To:        "'Chris Smith'" <chris@infinitemonkeys.org.uk>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ATA mirroring solution required

> I was looking for a secondary controller to give each drive it's own
> channel on the controller (ie a promise/HPT one) but have no
> experience
> with these under FreeBSD.  Can someone recommend one if possible that
> works flawlessly or an alternative solution?

I have a Promise TX2000 running under 4.8 and it works fine so far. That
card is about $75 online.

One of the nice things is you can tell it to mirror the original drive so
you don't have to reinstall. Other cards (like the 3Ware Escalades) kill
both drives data when you create the mirror, so you have to
reinstall/restore backup.

Cheers,
Brent