Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2012 18:32:19 +0200
From:      Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
To:        vd@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Dima Panov <fluffy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   update of graphics/vigra (from PR 168833)

Thanks for the long-awaited update to vigra version 1.8.0.

As far as I can see, you also integrated math/fftw3-float,
graphics/OpenEXR and the DragonFly/NetBSD
patch-include-vigra-mathutil.hxx. Nice, that you found a way to use the
systems compiler instead of lang/gcc :-)

It seems that your patch also builds and installs files for Vigra Numpy
python bindings. What I do not find in your pkg-plist are any python
binding files and especially for %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/vigra/. I
suppose, that you inadvertently forgot to pick up these files and
directories in pkg-plist? There are several files installed in there and
can not be deinstalled by the port again.

If Vigra numpy python bindings are not fully integrated in your update,
what do you think about incorporating them? I once made a PR 164235 for
it (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=164235, please look only
at my latest patch6.txt, bug-followup from Feb 23rd 2012).

In my patch Vigra Numpy was enabled by 'CMAKE_ARGS+=
-DWITH_VIGRANUMPY=1', in addition there were dependencies on python,
devel/py-nose, math/py-numpy. After that, some more files were installed
under %%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/vigra/, than your port does.

I also integrated some dependencies for creating Vigra documentation,
like textproc/py-sphinx and devel/doxygen. (And isn't
devel/boost-python-libs needed as a dependency for ILMbase?)

Sorry for this hopefully not to silly questions from a non-developer.
But I am really interested in these Vigra functionalities for the next
math/saga release I am working on.

Many thanks again,
Rainer Hurling