Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:18:28 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Impending cleanup of ports/distfiles

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

I am planning to clean out a lot of the stale cruft from the
ports/distfiles directory, keeping only the distfiles associated to
recent releases (4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.6.2) as well as the current ports
collection.  The need for this is that ftp-master is full, and there's
not enough room to keep all the package collections and releases
online that we need (a full package set takes up about 5GB thesedays).

Unfortunately, no lists of distfiles wew kept at the time of release,
but I have reconstructed the list by checking out a copy of the ports
tree from the release, and performing a full 'make fetch' against
ftp-master's distfile collection to extract the files that were part
of the released ports collection.

This is expected to save around 3 GB on ftp-master (13GB -> 10GB).  If
anyone objects to this, or thinks I should preserve distfiles from
older releases, please speak up now.

Kris

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--