Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:55:49 +0000
From:      Marin Bernard <lists@olivarim.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   clear_tmp_enable="YES" conflicts with 'security/kstart'

Hi,

We use security/kstart to maintain a local cache of kerberos tickets on our=
 hosts. The tickets are stored in temporary caches files from the /tmp dire=
ctory.

On 2018-02-07, a PR was committed to the security/kstart port to "move k5st=
art higher up in the service start list". This change introduced a regressi=
on when the host is also configured to clear the /tmp dir at startup (clear=
_tmp_enable=3D"YES"): the /tmp directory is cleaned *after* kstart is start=
ed, thus removing any managed kerberos cache file.

I do not know why the rc script was amended in the first place. Could someo=
ne give me some insight ? Clearing /tmp is a mandatory requirement for us b=
ecause of the Kerberos context: is it possible to revert the rc script to i=
ts previous revision or propose anything else to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Marin.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?8Eel_mXY-2COoX88sDD1Mx32pGuw_ZfTHXOtka-djFN4o0j4n7qTYEGnHxkA8d1H8AMMKC4QrPYCAFgeQt6XSJ0wQc7ve3cJBv_tc-JJwbc=>