Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:01:23 -0700
From:      Nate <publisher@laptop.ompages.com>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeLinux (Debian/GNU BSD)

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 12:45:42PM -0400, Person, Roderick wrote:
> This, IMHO, is a great idea!!! I have been playing with FreeBSD for some
> months now. And the kernel Kicks Ass!!! It just 'feels' better too. But the
> package installation and management is terrible. It took me at least 3 weeks
> to figure it out. People are always saying how hard it is to install Debian
> by dselect, FreeBSD is a nightmare. I hope this does go somewhere. In fact I
> think I go home and experiment with porting Debian stuff to FreeBSD!

I'm sure there will be a lot of debate about this.  If you are serious
about this, sign up as a debian developer
(i.e., debian-devel-request@lists.debian.org,
debian-mentors-request@lists.debian.org, and
debian-user-request@lists.debian.org).  The freebsd list maintainers
are going to ban me if this debate continues on the questions@freebsd.org
list.

If people are genuinely interested in this, sign-up at the above lists
quickly and we can find out who at debian.org is working on this, and
volunteer to help!

--
                                _
NatePuri ("natedawg")		o m p a g e s . c o m