Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:01:25 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
Cc:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Subject:   Urgent help needed : portmaster dies on py-cairo

Hi,

This is not a portmaster problem, but a problem of getting py-cairo
to build following an update in the ports directory.

3 days back I ran 'portsnap fetch extract'. Then yesterday I ran
'portsnap fetch update' followed immediately by 'portmaster -a -B'

After 3-4 hours, portsnap died on graphics/py-cairo saying :
cannot find python headers

/usr/ports/graphics/py-cairo/work/pycairo-1.8.4/config.log says :
configure:4734: cc -E -I/usr/local/include conftest.c
conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:4741: $? = 1

cd /usr
find . -name 'ac_nonexistent.h'
#no results

py-cairo-1.8.4 needs python2.6. My system has both python2.5 and
python2.6 installed, with their headers under
/usr/local/include/python2.5 and /usr/local/include/python2.6
respectively.

Any help on enabling py-cairo locate the python headers would be
greatly appreciated.

My system is totally messed up, half of it updated by portmaster and
the other half waiting for the update once py-cairo can locate the
python headers.

--
Regards
Manish Jain