Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 21:02:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Choice of display cards under freebsd.

I was just going to ask a question on a similar issue.  I was reading
about new graphics cards with Linux-only drivers.  I've also heard BSD
is somewhat less game-friendly than Linux, primarily due to the
scheduler.  Would it make sense to have a "set GAMES" option or
command, that temporarily alters scheduling and allows direct access
to video hardware as necessary? (real mode vs protected)

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have
burned so very, very brightly."