Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:53:08 +0100
From:      J.S. <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   My tcsh prompt: Where are the goodies I miss?

This is my current tcsh prompt:

set prompt = "<%B$user%b@%B%m%b> [%/] [%B%T%b] \n# "

looking:

<johann@ninja> [/home/johann] [13:47]
#

Are there any "goodies" I am missing that would be useful in the first
line of my prompt? I'm uncertain on what letter calls the tty to be
displayed, and I'm sure there's a lot more out there.

I used to include another linebreak in << set prompt = "\n<%B >> [...],
kinda giving my two-line prompt a little break and relaxing so it doesn't
get too close to the previous output. It seems, however, so unreal to have
it that way, violating the extra echo i have in .login after fortune -s,
making two line-spaces upon login and just.. yeah, doing unfitting things.
I'd really appreciate some nice, professional way of layouting my prompt
so that my system can have a beautiful image. :-)

Thanks.