Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Alvidrez <cram@greenavenger.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVSup -- changed?

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Tim Erlin wrote:

> Has the CVSup package changed to include a bunch of
> new dependancies? I've used and installed it
> previously and I don't remember all these pm3 and X11
> requirements. Am I just confused?

The ports tree used to have a working cvsup-bin port which was simply a
binary distribution of cvsup.  The cvsup (no -bin) port always required
the compilation of Modula-3 and, by default, had X11 dependencies.

> Secondly, a simple question. In order to compile CVSup
> without X11, I need to "Define 'WITHOUT_X11'" but I'm
> not sure what that means...?

export WITHOUT_X11=1 or setenv WITHOUT_X11 1 will do the trick.

-Marc

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."

      -- Henry Spencer