Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:29:35 -0600
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-mips@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/MIPS Valentine's Day Status :)

OK so I have a kernel linking now.  I had to strip all the objects.  GCC seems
to be doing something wrong.  It generates read-only data sections with lots of
references to '$L<number>' and then defines '.L<number>'.  Ah, ha!  As I was
writing this, I found it, it was a GCC configuration shortcoming.  It should
be fixed in a second, and then I will be producing my first real kernel..  Ah
hell, why not keep this email open :)

%%%
1374353   94972   59616 1528941  17546d kernel
>>> Kernel build for GENERIC completed on Fri Feb 14 04:17:38 CST 2003
%%%

There you go.  2.1M of MIPSy goodness.  Anyway, I'll submit the GCC fixen
to Perforce now, and hopefully this weekend get diffs and such around.  It's
linked at the wrong address, but of course that will be fixed soon.  So, yeah
that's that.

Don't suppose anyone has a working copy of simos on FreeBSD?  It'd sure make
testing &c. easier.

Thanx,
juli.
--