Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:29:16 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Hajimu UMEMOTO" <ume@mahoroba.org>, "Daniel Haischt" <sirabyss@gmx.net>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cyrus-imapd-2.0.16_2

From: "Hajimu UMEMOTO" <ume@mahoroba.org>
> sirabyss> i've installed sasl2 with saslauthd on my freebsd 4.4
> sirabyss> box and tried to configure the cyrus imap daemon
> sirabyss> with the following arguments.
>

> sirabyss> i am doing this cause i was not able to compile the sasl port
> sirabyss> from the ports collection. i didn't even understand why it
> sirabyss> applies a mysql patch if i did not select to compile sasl
> sirabyss> with mysql support ...
>
> Since I'm not a maintainer of cyrus-sasl v1 port, I have no idea about
> it.

As long as you unselect the MySQL & LDAP options, the port will not build
these additional authentication options into libsasl.

What problems were you having building the cyrus-sasl v1 port?  I believe I
fixed all
of the build problems on saturady (2/2/02).

For Hajimu UMEMOTO:
> 2) There is conflict with cyrus-sasl port in install location of its
>    include files.  Originally cyrus-sasl installs its include files
>    into /usr/local/include.  But, the cyrus-sasl port changed the
>    location to /usr/local/include/sasl.  The cyrus-sasl2 installs its
>    include files into /usr/local/include/sasl to avoild conflict with
>    *original* cyrus-sasl so that v1 and v2 can be co-exist.
>    Unfortunatally, it conflicts with cyrus-sasl port.

I am working on the cyrus-sasl v2 port, and currently the port places the
header files under
/usr/local/include/sasl2.  Or should I change the cyrus-sasl v1 port to
places its header files under /usr/local/include/sasl1?

Currently, the SASL v2 port is core dumping  when the saslpasswd2 program is
executed, I have tried compiling a debug version (cc -g), but am unable to
get a backtrace which showed where the problem is occurring.

NOTE: I am currently testing the port with ndbm, haven't tried with DB3.

The port is available here:

    http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/cyrus-sasl2.tar.gz

I have left the Makefile.inc that I am using in the above port, remove this
file if you want to try other options.

Scot