Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenBFS (was Re: C++ code in a kernel module?)

--- Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
> > Hi;
> >
> > Attached is a good reasons why someone my want to use C++ in the kernel.
>
> Sorry, I don't see anything here except "this is all we know how to do."
> But, I'm a curmudgeon. :)

To be good in C++ you have to be good in C first (at least in theory) and
programmers that feel more "modern" tend to use OO techniques for the new
stuff.

I have to admit I don't find much of an advantage in C++, but it doesn't make
much sense to rewrite existing code or change your programming style to
maintain everything in C.

Just my $0.02,

    Pedro.