Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 01:35:14 GMT
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   shared /var for -stable and -current?

Now that I've started running -stable and -current from two disks, it
occured to me that the cleanup of log files etc. that occur from
/etc/daily etc. will only apply to the operating system running at
that time (of course).  Which means, one of the /var's will be left
out.

Which leads to the question of the day: are there any problems if I
share the /var among the two versions?  Things like mail and stuff
should be ok, ld.so.cache is rebuilt every time I reboot, /var/db/pkg
better be shared because I have a common /usr/local and /usr/X11R6....

Any opinions?

Satoshi