Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 06:53:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        torstenb@onizuka.tb.9715.org (Torsten Blum)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAL and miroMedia PCTV

> Hi,
>
> I got an miroMedia PCTV today. Unfortunately I can't get it working in PAL
> mode. This does not seem to be related to the tuner (it's a PAL tuner
> but the probe function only finds a Temic NTSC), because I get the same kind

I am curious, what'a NTSC tuner ? Perhaps it filters output at 5 MHz
rather than 6 MHz ? In any case it should only affect the ability of
getting audio, not video.

> of picture from the s-video input.
> In NTSC mode everything works fine (only tested with s-video input).
> I'm using the bt848 driver in -current (ctm-cvs-cur 3643), but using
> bt848.tar.gz from rah.star-gate.com does not solve the problem.

If nothing else you can try the driver from my page

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD.html

it has some defaults set for PAL rather than NTSC. I have the Hauppauge
board so I cannot test this myself.

	Cheers
	Luigi