Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:25:26 -0500
From:      John LeMay <jlemay@njmc.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation question.

> Thank you for your reply John,
>
> but apparently, I am getting 2 exact opposite opinions on it.
>
> 1 side says there is no problem. 1 side says a serial terminal is
> mandatory.
>
> If w/o using a serial terminal worked for you, would you mind telling me
> what problems would typically appear by installing via a video console
> rather than a serial terminal, and how do you eliminate the problems
> during yr successful installation?

Alan,

Basically the problem is that the display does not refresh correctly. It
does get displayed correctly the first time though. This gave me enough
to go on that I was able to figure out what keystrokes to use to
complete the installation of the base system.

Don't get me wrong, using a serial console would have made my life much
easier, it just wasn't convenient at the time.

--
John LeMay
kc2kth