Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 06:34:13 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Designed for FreeBSD" stickers

Jerry wrote:
 > Chris wrote:
[..]
 > > For myself, I want one so I can stick it on my desktop at home so
 > it'll look better to casual computer users and to annoy my wife that
 > my desktop is better than her gentoo desktop.

 > OK.  So I went and looked for them.   They are from FreeBSD Mall.
 >
 > Go to:           http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm
 >
 > Select 'Promo' and then 'FreeBSD Sticker Sheet'
 > They are only $0.50 US each so get a hundred or so.

http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm/bsdsticker?id=d7udMbaW&mv_pc=109

The bottom 2/3 of these are the ones that came with our original FreeBSD
2.2.6 boxed set.  Or maybe it was the 2.1.6 handmedown a friend had sent
me as (successful) beastie-bait sometime before then, early '98?

The black, square ones adorn a couple of our boxes. People do notice, at
least once having been dragged into our little server room having on its
door the banner-size 'powerlogo' one shown on right, and nothing else :)

 > There are a bunch of other promo items at that site as well.
 > The 'FreeBSD Plate Logos' are nice to stick on and look more
 > impressive than a mere sticker. A FreeBSD beanie is good to
 > sit on top of your monitor and keep a benevolent eye on you.
 > And, of course, FreeBSD boxer shorts are a real turn on for
 > your significant other.

Dunno, I quite like the unconventional recessed look of the stickers ..
and your SO thinks you spend quite enough time with The Beastie already!

Cheers, Ian