Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:58:38 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH now refuses all connections

A few make worlds ago, SSHD began refusing all connections. The only thing
related to SSH that I have done was tell SSHD to dissallow the group
"nogroup" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, but I have since commented out that line.
If anybody knows what is going on, or if you need more information, please
let me know.

Speaking of denying access to "nogroup", it doesn't seem to work. The SSHD
docs day to enter the line "DenyGroups " followed by a space-separated list
of groups to deny access to. After I put that line in the config file (and
-HUP'd SSHD), it didn't deny users of group nogroup.
I have those users set to use a little asm shell that displays an FU message
and exists, but the added security of denying the login in the first place
would be nice. (Who knows, my shell might have a root exploit)

Thanks for the help ahead of time,

Charles Burns