Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:37:25 -0400
From:      "Isaac Waldron" <iwaldron@WPI.EDU>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netgear cards randomly dying?

I'm running FreeBSD 4.1.1 stable, built on 9/28 from fresh sources.  I have
a Netgear FA310TX network card which is detected correctly as dc0 and works
fine, most of the time.

Occasionally, after a week or so of uptime, the card simply stops receiving
packets from the network.  It's as if the card is getting reset to be down
without indicating that to the system.  I've tried a `ifconfig` down-up
cycle several times, but the only thing that seems to work is a reboot.  I'm
also running a simple firewall using ipfw, if that makes any difference.

This card works fine under windoze, so I don't think it's hardware related.
Any known issues with this card?

Thanks,
Isaac Waldron
iwaldron at wpi dot edu