Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:40:41 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dchapman@houabg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PROMISE IDE Ultra66

> "David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:
>
> I installed a promise ide ultra66 and freebsd-3.3 stable doesn't even
> see it.  Its on irq 15, the onboard controllers are disable and it
> will try to load the kernel and then can't find the controller and
> complains that it can't change to root.

Yes, Kachun Lee posted 2 patch files a while ago on
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc and one of the mailing lists (probably
-stable).

I had to apply the patches by hand to a 3.3-STABLE system, but it
worked. Note that I had to play with my kernel config a bit in order to
see the new hard drive, following the examples in LINT, because I also
left both onboard controllers enabled.

See http://bx4.deja.com/=sc/getdoc.xp?AN=537636073 or
http://bx4.deja.com/=sc/getdoc.xp?AN=537636073&fmt=text