Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:46:42 +0700
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Subject:   Re: several e-mails from out side to one account

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:45:27AM -0500, Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> From: "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
> To: "pirat" <pirat@access.inet.co.th>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Re: several e-mails from out side to one account
> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:45:27 -0500
>
> I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question
> accurately, but if I am, couldn't you do this, which

apologize me for my ability in using my english, am thai.

> is pretty standard?
>
> 1.  Add the following to /etc/mail/aliases:
>
>         pirat@domain:    friend1@domain, friend2@domain...
>
> When "friend1," "friend2" etc. are local accounts on the server.
>
> 2. in /etc/mail run 'newaliases'
>
> 3.  Now when email comes to pirate@domain it will be sent
>     to the boxes for friend1, friend2, and so on.....

yes, but it would be nice if in coming mail for friend1 would go to only friend1 box.  i mean pirat@domain needs to do some intermediate step before forwarding mail for friend1 to friend1.

i am just facing this kind of problem.  my segment is a private one but i own domain name.  this fact may help you understand my question clearly.

thanks for your kind reply.

with best regards,
psr