Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:09:03 -0500
From:      Michael Urban <murban@tznet.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with xmcd port

The first time you use xmcd, you need to run the configure script which should be
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xmcd/config.sh. Also, when it asks you for the device name of
your CD-ROM, you need to use the raw device. So if your CD-ROM is acd0c, you need
to supply xmcd config with racd0c.

That should get things working for you.