Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 11:57:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      julian@tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
To:        steve2@genesis.nred.ma.us (Steve Gerakines)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FIX FOR CACHE/DMA RANGE PROBLEMS

I have working eisa probe code in my home directory in
freefall, but it had one problem....
it couldn't successfully replace the IRQ with that found....
this has now been fixed apparently in the drivers,
so maybe it should be looked at again

This code first looks at the EISA slots
then it adds an entry for itself (as 'found') to the
isa lists, so that ISA devices that use the same ports will
not try probe..

..
julian