Date:      Wed, 08 May 2002 17:21:32 -0700
From:      rob <rob@pythonemproject.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: spectrum analyzer recommendation

"Louis A. Mamakos" wrote:

> Yup, I bought a an Agilent spectrum analyzer for my lab for a very
> similar purpose.  New, the $35K price is probably close.  For
> example, the Agilent E4404B good to 6.7GHz.  There is also a
> a version good through 3GHz that would probably work for the
> 2.4GHz ISM band.
>
> See:

Did they charge you for the power cord? :)  Seriously, you have to be
really careful about options with Agilent. For example, GPIB is usually
an option, and not standard.  We were once very suprised when we
couldn't find the GPIB port on a brand new unit.  For real work, like
power amp testing, you want a Rohde and Schwartz, as the dynamic range
is way beyond anything Agilent makes.  But be prepared to pay $60K.
Rob.