Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:36:39 +0200
From:      Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Benjamin Close <benjsc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: wpi0: fatal firmware error

CCing Benjamin Close as he ported wpi(4) driver to FreeBSD.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 01:09:11PM +0200, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to setup my wireless on FreeBSD 9.0-p3 amd64 and i get the following
> error:
>
> wpi0: fatal firmware error

[...]

> rc.conf config:
> wlans_wpi0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP ssid testwifi country ES"

I've found the problem. If i specify country ES it fails to load the firmware,
but if i don't touch country and leave it as default (US) it works as expected.

Is it fixable or should a note be added to BUGS section of the man page?

I can create a man page patch if needed.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.